Do you have experience of providing high level, proactive administrative support to colleagues in a busy office environment? Do you possess strong IT skills and the ability to present complex concepts in an easily accessible visual format?
Working as part of a small team you will provide an effective and efficient Business Support service. In addition to delivering a proactive PA service you will also provide project administrative support, maintain effective recording systems within a HR Service and be able to present complex concepts in an easily accessible visual format. Excellent organisation, planning and time management skills and the ability to adapt priorities to meet deadlines and constantly changing demands are essential, as are accuracy and attention to detail.
What does the role entail?
- Providing a proactive PA service including, but not limited to, effective diary management, word processing, PowerPoint presentation formatting, meeting support and event organisation;
- Planning, organising and supporting meetings where agreed, including assisting with agenda setting, the preparation and issuing of meeting papers, note taking and ensuring follow up actions are completed;
- Providing project administrative support in line with relevant deadlines, including but not limited to, formatting documents, reports and presentations, translating specialised content into easily accessible information and presenting complex concepts in an easily accessible visual format;
- Maintaining effective recording systems within the HR Service, analysing and interpreting data to provide management information and ensuring relevant guidance templates, letters and reports are up to date;
- Ensuring accurate and effective reporting and data relating to the HR team as required;
- Organising, maintaining and developing filing systems to ensure the effective flow of information within the Business Support Team and more widely as appropriate;
- Supporting the Business Support Officer as necessary to ensure the effective running of the Business Support Function;
- Suggesting and implementing improved working methods to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the service;
- Handling confidential information in a discreet, sensitive and diplomatic manner, ensuring security of access to such information is maintained at all times.
What will you bring to the role?
- Experience of providing proactive administrative support to colleagues in a busy office environment, including electronic diary management;
- Excellent organisation, planning and time management skills, with the ability to adapt priorities to meet deadlines and conflicting and constantly changing demands;
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with colleagues applying discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to ensure effective communications at all levels, summarise and present information accurately and modify approach to suit different audiences and contexts;
- Strong IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint and the ability to create documents, reports and presentations, translating specialised content into easily accessible information and presenting complex concepts in an easily accessible visual format;
- A flexible, pro-active, forward thinking 'can do' attitude with a commitment to delivering services that meet the needs and expectations of customers;
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
- Commitment to ongoing personal development and training.