Manpower are currently a Research Administrator for our client based in Leeds. This is a full time 3 month assignment - work from home role paying £10.78per hour
Working on a day to day basis, you will be responsible for providing administrative support for business processes including triaging of incoming queries and mailboxes as well as responding to customers working across different sectors. The role may also include activities such as data input, database management, drafting correspondence, diary management, coordination and preparation of reports, maintenance and development of office systems, minuting and servicing meetings.
What does the role entail?
- Triaging initial queries and general mailbox management
- Communicating verbally and in writing with staff, customers and stakeholders at all levels in a confident and professional manner, taking initiative to resolve any problems that may arise, and referring as appropriate.
- Providing cover for the team, including dealing promptly with incoming telephone calls, using initiative to assist with the e-mail enquiries, redirecting or taking messages as appropriate in a polite, professional manner.
- Drafting correspondence, templates, forms, reports and other documents using the Google Office suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides, Google hub site);
- Developing and maintaining appropriate filing systems - both electronic and manual - to support the collection, collation, storage and retrieval of information, ensuring documents are readily available to the team.
- Maintaining distribution lists to ensure that the information held is up to date and correct.
- Making use of established information management and distribution processes appropriately (including the information management system, weekly bulletins, portal, website, etc.).
- Working with team members to produce reports which inform key business processes as required, for example: Collating information from mailboxes, databases, data dashboards, consultation exercises, questionnaires and surveys, inputting and managing data into online databases or other relevant computer records systems.
- Working with team members to prepare meeting papers and documents in a timely fashion and follow up meeting actions as required.
- Following up actions from specific projects and work streams.
- Assisting with recruitment data uploads and enquiries as required.
As a Research Administrator you will have:
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, including both written and verbal;
- Awareness or understanding of the NHS/healthcare setting and/or research environment and terminology;
- Evidence of an ability to recognise and adapt to different ways of working and show flexibility in your approach to your work with a willingness to learn new skills as required;
- Evidence of being highly organised with an ability to prioritise your own workload and deal with new tasks at short notice. This includes experience of an ability to cope with demanding situations and to work efficiently and effectively under pressure;
- Evidence of showing initiative and solving problems with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Experience of producing accurate minutes and following up action points;
- Evidence of an ability to show initiative and solve problems with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Computer literate with experience in the use of business software such as Microsoft Office suite or Google suite, databases, the internet and an ability to learn to use bespoke electronic systems;
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
Interested? Please apply online today