Technical Support Specialist
In the Army we use a huge range of equipment, from rocket launchers to binoculars. As a Technical Support Specialist, you look after all of this kit, making sure your unit has whatever they need, whenever they need it. You’ll receive a lot of responsibility very early on, getting the training required to manage weapons, ammunition, vehicles and tools. You will be responsible for millions of pounds worth of equipment and gain first class managerial training and experience. You will travel the world supporting fighting units and have fantastic opportunities for sport, making friends for life.
Find where you belong.
You'll start with your initial military training which will teach you how to be a soldier - this will cover everything from fieldcraft to how to handle a rifle. If you join as a Junior Soldier (under 17 years 5 months), you’ll do a 23-week basic military training course at Harrogate. If you join as a Regular Soldier (over 17 years 1 month), you’ll do the regular 14-week adult basic training.
Then it’s off to the Defence School of Electronic and Mechanical Engineering at MoD Lyneham. Over the next 12 weeks, you learn how to run a unit’s entire technical store and deal with demands. You will also be taught to drive and gain your car and HGV licences.
- Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Warehousing and Storage
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Logistics Operations
- Qualifications at different levels, in Leadership and Management
- Car and HGV Licenses
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be with you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. From the moment you begin your training you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you'll soon get promoted, which means more responsibility and extra pay.
Become Technical Support Specialist and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £15,985 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,400 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS.
You should be:
- Regular Army age: 16.6 – 35.6 years
- Army Reserve age:
- New enlistments: 17.9 – 43 years
- Ex-Regular: 17.9 – 52 years
- Specialist (Soldier): 17.9 – 50 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
GCSE Grade C Maths, Grade D English or level 2 equivalents.
- Mid Thigh Pull 143kg
- Medicine Ball Throw 3.1m
- 2km run 11m 15s (11m30s for Junior Entry)
Our next deadline for application is 31st March 2021, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG.